What if my vouchers are expired?

Services must be performed prior to the expiration date.

What do I do with expired vouchers?

All expired and unused vouchers should be returned to HCCF at PO Box 3356, Boone, NC 28607

I have a complaint about a service provider. Who do I contact?

Please contact us.

How does the Voucher Program work?

Please see the Respite Voucher Program page for more details.

Which color copy of the Voucher do I keep?

Each voucher has three parts.The original is white, which should be given to the respite provider, the yellow copy is to be retained by the respite provider for their records, the pink copy is to be retained by the caregiver.

I know of a Service Provider that is not in your Service Provider list. Is there a way to get them added?

New Service Providers can be added at any time at their request. Please have the provider contact us.

I have lost my Voucher Booklet or my Voucher Booklet was stolen. What do I do?

Contact us as soon as possible!

If I use a Voucher for a service that costs less than the Voucher is worth, do I get change? or can I use the unused portion for another service?

Vouchers can never be redeemed/exchanged for cash. To receive maximum benefit from each voucher, only submit to the respite provider an amount to cover cost of service. If amount of service is $68.00, submit $60.00 in vouchers to the provider, the caregiver will pay $8.00. 

How do I find out if a Service Provider offers services where I live?

Please visit our Service Provider page for contact information.

Does the HCCF plan on expanding its services outside of the 7-county High Country area?

No, not at this time.

I’ve used all of my vouchers. Is there a way I can get more?

Caregivers are eligible to apply for vouchers every six months.

Who is eligible to participate in the Respite Voucher Program?

Any caregiver residing in our seven county (Alleghany, Ashe, Avery, Mithchell, Watauga, Wilkes and Yancey) service area may be eligible depending on their circumstances. For additional information please visit our Respite Voucher Program page.

How do I apply for Respite Vouchers?

Please visit our How to Apply page.

Why was my application denied?

There are various reasons for denial: some of which may be non-resident of our seven county area, receiving similar services under another program, others with greater need, incomplete application, etc.

What is Respite Care?

Please visit our Respite Care page.

Can I hire my granddaughter?

Your grandaugher or any other family member must be employed by one of our licensed respite providers that has contracted with HCCF to provide respite services. 

Are there income limits?

There are no income requirements.

How long are vouchers good for?

All vouchers are valid for a period of six months.

How do I know if I am a caregiver?

Please visit our Caregiver page. 

Where can I use vouchers?

Vouchers can be redeemed for services offered by Service Providers.

Once approved, when can I expect to receive vouchers?

Usually within 30 days.

How are vouchers funded?

Our volunteer board works diligently to raise funds from various sources to ensure ongoing respite opportunities for caregivers. 

Can someone else use my vouchers?

Vouchers must be used by the person named on the voucher. Vouchers are not transferrable.

Can I use more than one respite provider?

If the agency you select is unable to accommodate your needs we encourage you to contact a different provider so that your needs may be met in a timely manner.

What if I don’t like the aide the agency provided?

If you are unhappy with the Service Provider’s employee please contact the agency and speak with the in-home aide supervisor. Explain your concerns and ask for suggestions. If you believe the situation cannot be resolved with the current aide ask for a different one.

Personality conflicts are not uncommon and the supervisor will work with you to find an aide that best meets your needs.