How It Works
- Apply for Respite Vouchers.
- Once a decision has been reached you will be notified by mail of that decision. At this time you may be asked to complete an additional form.
- Upon issuance of the vouchers you will receive an informational packet with instructions, Voucher Booklet, and a list of Service Providers.
- Review the list of Service Providers to decide what type of Respite Care will work best for you and the person you are caring for.
- Once a service provider has been selected, contact them to get a quote of current rates and make arrangements for care.
- After service has been performed, present the appropriate amount of signed vouchers to the chosen provider(s). The service provider will invoice HCCF for payment.
What is a Voucher?
Caregiver Vouchers are designed to assist family members and other unpaid persons who provide care for an aged or disabled person at home. Vouchers are consumer directed. Approved Caregivers may use the Vouchers to purchase respite services in the form of trained in-home care, adult day care, or short-term institutional care with participating Respite Providers of their choice. It is up to the Caregiver to contact the agency and arrange for services when they are needed.
Voucher booklets total $500 and are broken down into denominations of $10, $20, and $50. They are used like cash to pay for services. Visit the FAQ for Caregivers if you have additional questions.